Saturday 10 September 2022

Lieu Noir - On The Bed Confused

I'm still processing how amazing that last month's Sniper Bait LP is, but no rest for the wicked I guess, because John Katsav is back with a new album as Lieu Noir. Nefarious phonk, funeral trap, gloom witchhouse and sci-findustrial clash on "On The Bed Confused", forming a captivating release that's an ode to screwed music. Recorded between 2018 and 2022, the album effortlessly combines aforementioned underground styles, and further twists and distorts them achieving a laidback yet suspenseful lo-fi feel. "On Your Way Back Bring Some Ice" is such a sick track and one of my personal highlights here, like an evil soundtrack to Predator's hunting season. I fear that my top 10 of 2022 will be made of entirely of John's releases this year. Unstoppable force, don't sleep.

"On The Bed Confused" is out on Paso Inferior Tapes, and can be purchased here. Stream below.