Wednesday 27 April 2022

Kxxtz - Live From Kontrol Faktory Berlin (3 Hour B​-​day Mix)

Hey, it's Kutmah's birthday and to celebrate it he recorded this 3+ hour long mixtape of minimal wave, post-punk, shoegaze, indie and everything in between. No need to spill more thoughts, the mix is dope and Kutmah's story that goes with it should put you in the right mindset:

"In L.A as a teen I used to stay up all night (sober, I was straight edge till age 24) drawing in my sketchbook listening to harsh and beautiful noises in my headphones. Once my mum fell asleep I would sneak out and go skate the church by my house or some nights we would go to Kontrol Faktory in Hollywood and dance our heads off or play pool while some dude was getting whipped by a domi ... The band Babyland would drum with chainsaws on metal lids and let off full cans of air fresheners ... That shit smelled horrible With this mix I'm transporting you to these exciting times with a taste of the bar scene from fire walk with me"

Support Kutmah by buying the mix here, and stream it below.