Wednesday 4 January 2023

Finally Boys - Ashes In The Sea

Finally Boys is a Oakland-based duo consisting of Preetom Choudhury and Shane LeBlanc. I was obsessed with their unique take on trance on the "Feelings" EP from 2012 - and I wasn't the only one. They were all over the internet back then, and I always thought they will blow up and end up producing for a number of mainstream acts. But that didn't happen, and for some reason they vanished from the blog music scene that I used to follow. Fast forward to 2022, and Mutual Skies, a label that focuses mostly on post rock and shoegaze, decides to reissue their EP and a heap of other unreleased tracks on vinyl. The record, "Ashes in the Sea", marks the ten-year anniversary of their debut EP. Freaking exciting news, I just wish there was a UK-based distro for the album.

You can order it here or here, and stream below.