Sunday 15 January 2023

Mutant Zones // best albums of 2022

Late again, but here are my fav albums from the past year. Just like a year before, I'm publishing my list as part of a website designed in collaboration with Witch-House.com, where I invited a lot of incredible artists from the darker corners of the underground to share their personal 'best of's. Check it out here. My picks are below.

Curses - Incarnadine

Nothing made me move as much as this record, incredible live as well as on headphones. Also "Miriam" was my video of the year. Future classic.

Stay Healthy - Dirt

Best witch house album of the year, hands down. Single-handedly made me reboot my label Dagger Forest too. Future classic

Spike Hellis - Spike Hellis

Best EBM album of the year, hands down. True mutant zones energy, my blog exists for albums like this one. Future classic

Elusin - Synfuels

Lieu Noir - On The Bed Confused

M‡яc▲ll▲ - New Condition

Pharmacist - 11111111111111111111

SCYTHE - everything from 2022

MORGVE - Bestiary

CRAVE - Death Blow

Holyld - Soulthorns

Brown Calvin - Dimension // Perspective

CRAVE - Paradise Hotel

Pahor - Bezdan

V.A. - Ambient Punk Vol. III

Sidewalks And Skeletons - Exorcism