Wednesday, 9 September 2026

Exsufflation - Channel 0

Exsufflation's second album "Channel 0" came out on July 3, but I think I was subconsciously waiting for the season to change and September to arrive so I could sit down with headphones (where the raw intimacy of his lyrics truly lands) and recommend it to the world. Seven songs deep, it's Rob's most personal project to date, written and recorded during a challenging period marked by the deaths of a close friend, his grandmother, and his dog. The result is a witch house dirge that sonically pays respect to the sound of a bygone decade while lyrically offering a glimpse into Rob's mind during this difficult time. His songwriting, filled with love, grief, hope and sadness, is delivered with a voice overflowing with pain and emotion. All these feelings guide both the artist and the listener throughout the record, breaking your heart while slowly nurturing the healing process, ultimately delivering an incredibly engaging album that will undoubtedly land on my end-of-year list.

The album is still available on CD here (but be quick, 3 copies left!). Stream it in full down below.